Welcome to the ICELED Forums!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:36 am

Post subject: Zap+ Controller
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:32 pm 
1 Colour User
1 Colour User

Hi any ideas when the Zap+ controller will be available please?

I run a mobile bar business and I was hoping to use a Zap controller to power a couple of lengths of RGB bar, backlighting an opal polycarbonate bar front - from the top and bottom.

I've tried some of your Led tape, but once behind a polycarbonate sheet it's not quite bright enough to shine through well enough, so I wanted to try some bars along with a Zap+ for starters...

If it works ok I'll be building a full range of bars.

The Zen controller is a little over-speced and the remote is likely to get lost stolen or wrecked when we hire the units out, although the main unit maybe more suitable once we have built full bar setups. - Is there any other way these can be controlled without a remote? - eg as per the Zap controller? Our bars are modular and fit tigether in various combinations depending upon the event.

Any other similar or higher powered products in the pipeline? - I don't want to buy into a system only for it to be superseeded in the near future!

Cheers

Post subject: Re: Zap+ Controller
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:13 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

burtlad \$m[1]:
Hi any ideas when the Zap+ controller will be available please?

Hi - welcome to the Iceled forums :D
I assume you've tried ordering from Litewave and found ZAP temporarily out of stock?
burtlad \$m[1]:
I run a mobile bar business and I was hoping to use a Zap controller to power a couple of lengths of RGB bar, backlighting an opal polycarbonate bar front - from the top and bottom.

I've tried some of your Led tape, but once behind a polycarbonate sheet it's not quite bright enough to shine through well enough, so I wanted to try some bars along with a Zap+ for starters...

Just to clarify: the 4-wire RGB products that Litewave supply (bars, tape etc.) are not "intelligent" Iceled light sources. They do not have the necessary drivers to control their colour or brightness. They can however be made "intelligent" (and therefore may be controlled by ZAP ZEN etc.) by driving them with the Iceled Flexidriver. I hope it's not too confusing! Litewave will be able to advise on the selection of their simple 4-wire RGB products.

On the other hand Iceled UFO tubes have LED drivers on-board and connect directly to Iceled controllers - so no need for Flexidriver. They come in four different lengths and produce twice as much light as the simple 4-wire tape you've tried. They use digital communications over just three wires and, if connected to UFO, can be made to display different colours along their length (pixels) as well as showing the same colour all the way along (as per the simple 4-wire tape ).

burtlad \$m[1]:
The Zen controller is a little over-speced and the remote is likely to get lost stolen or wrecked when we hire the units out, although the main unit maybe more suitable once we have built full bar setups. - Is there any other way these can be controlled without a remote? - eg as per the Zap controller? Our bars are modular and fit tigether in various combinations depending upon the event.

Any other similar or higher powered products in the pipeline? - I don't want to buy into a system only for it to be superseeded in the near future!

Cheers

The ZEN controller can be set to run without the remote display as it is - although it could only power-up showing the last program that was selected. A wired controller that looks like ZAP and allows you to step through at least four of the programs could be provided. :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:26 pm 
1 Colour User
1 Colour User

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the clarification on the drivers / controls I wasn't completly sure about the combinations, so may just go for the Flexidriver for starters and maybe upgrade at a later date... I think I'll put a phase type switch in too, so that colours at the top and bottom of the bars can be adjusted seperately, but can still scan through - ir R - G - B on the top and G - R - B on the bottom for example.

Do you have any ordering info / part numbers for a hard wired controller version of the ZEN please?

The UFO looks very good, but the price makes it a little over budget too... they need to earn their money back!

Cheers for the assistance!

Rob

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:57 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rob - are you getting forum notifications on the gmail address you registered with?