ICELED

Welcome to the ICELED Forums!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:36 am

Post subject: I think I have finally found the place :)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:58 pm 
1 Colour User
1 Colour User

Hi All!

Looks like this is the place for hardware and answers. Perfect!

I have a small project i'm trying to get working (after a few bad starts) and believe ICELED has the solutions.

I have 14 RGB LED strips that will illuminate a large coffered ceiling. Each of the strips have been homerun into a closet, and i have a receptacle there to supply power. For starters I would be just happy if all the LED strips operated in unison with no unique colors, that is, each strip would display identical to each other. I plan to use my Control4 system to control and operate the lighting effects using the ExtraVegetables Driver found here:
https://www.extravegetables.com/products/dmx

I think I will need 4 Bridges and some power supplies.

Would that be all I need? Any Thoughts / Suggestions?

Thanks!
steve

Post subject: Re: I think I have finally found the place :)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:52 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi, welcome to the ICELED forums :D

Yes, the DMX512 Bridge is exactly what you need :idea: Each bridge converts twelve sequential DMX512 channels into four ICELED RGB lighting zones. Note though that to connect"dumb" RGB LED tape(4-wire) to an ICELED zone (3-wire) you will need to use an ICELED Flexidriver (think of ICELED interconnections as being like power + DMX512 signalling all in one cable).

One DMX512 Bridge and one Flexidriver would give you the "one colour all round" option, but adding extra Flexidrivers would allow you to split your lighting into extra zones that would come under independent control. Be aware though that Flexidriver has a maximum switching current of 5 Amps per RGB channel. You need to have a good understanding of the maximum currents that will be flowing in various places! How long is the total amount of tape? How much current will that require?