Welcome to the ICELED Forums!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:38 pm

Post subject: Bikers Wish Item.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:17 am 
2 Colour User
2 Colour User

I would love to have a simple remote that what very small, just a single switch to control on and off for the system, this would allow better placement for turning the system on when riding, and of course off when ya see the old bill :P

Maybe another button to go though the pre programmed patterns, so it would just flick thoguh one at a time.

Post subject: Re: Bikers Wish Item.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:22 pm 
4 Colour User
4 Colour User

M3NF \$m[1]:
I would love to have a simple remote that what very small, just a single switch to control on and off for the system, this would allow better placement for turning the system on when riding, and of course off when ya see the old bill :P

Maybe another button to go though the pre programmed patterns, so it would just flick thoguh one at a time.

Here's a thread with some details about the Casio remote control watch. With the watch, you could control most of the ICELED functions, plus it would be strapped to your wrist, so you wouldn't risk dropping it.

http://iceled.co.uk/area51/viewtopic.php?t=245

Gold-plated everything that was chrome
ICELED 2.5 million color LED underbody lights

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:17 pm 
2 Colour User
2 Colour User

Intresting post thanks. But in the location on a bike, i rather not take my hand of my bars when hitting 170mph :P Or 100 at that point lol.

Maybe theres another remote item out there that could be used that could buy velco to a spot on bike, as with gloves on and items it be to hard with a something that could not be mounted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:40 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi. If you go with ZEN you can wire a flick-switch between the Enable input and ground which will select program 0. Perhaps you could set this program to your favorite colours effect etc. Just a thought. Because of the way the controllers are designed other input devices are always a possibility.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:08 pm 
2 Colour User
2 Colour User

so could i have this then set to show no colours at all, so would go off so to speak, reason i ask is that down this way when i go for a burn, i like to go with style, and last thing i need is old bill seeing a glowing UFO :P flying past them, even more reason to chase me. Get enough trouble being stoped cos of the sound of her, being a harley engine vtwin with some loud pipes on her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:58 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The 'Enable' program won't interrupt any other so no, the only way to get a manual 'emergency off' is to have a switch in the live feed. I was suggesting using the Enable input as a handy switch that would 'glow you up' on demand. Of course it all goes off again (if it wasn't on in the first place) when you remove the enable (switch it off). Normally it's used to mimic the courtesy light function in a car and is wired to the door switch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:12 pm 
2 Colour User
2 Colour User

ah right i understand what you mean now thanks, will having the main live via switch cause any issues, IE. lose of any pre set patterns that i make on it.

Oh and i now part way to becoming Iced :P 6 Trons and zap and zen controllers on there way now :)

Next be some floods and gems to add. But lets see what can be done with the current list.

On the remote system that is with the Zen, what kind of angle can it be used from, IE, i like to place the senor in front screen facing towards me, but the only current logical place to put the remote, apart from in pocket, would be via a mobile phone holder on my steering damper on my handle bars pointing upwards so i can access it quickly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:34 pm 
4 Colour User
4 Colour User

Double sided tape or velcro next to the dash / ignition switch or on the handlebar plate would also be an option.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:52 pm 
2 Colour User
2 Colour User

Hmmm thats a thought there winger, but hay one thing further just hit me......

Will the zap controller turn the complete system off ?, if so what are the dimentions of the zap controller ?, sorry to be a pain, but i could maybe use the zap system to control the power, and then use the zen for the features.

Also what would be the dimensions of the remote for the Zen, as i got a feeling that it may not even fit where i wanted due to the speedo being directly behind the area and it would block viewing.

Questions for Adrian or builders of ice system.

Would there be a way to make a custom remote on/off switch that runs on IR, if so what kind of costs would i be looking at. I do understand that it could be a fair amount, but i be very honest with you, its something that really is needed for myself, and i am sure once one is made other may find it useful, and i dont mind paying extra to start this ball rolling.

All i would need is a small remote system for on/off and maybe another one button to cycle thou patterns, with the IR sender being on the side to it could lay on a flat area and the ir sender point forward, the button would need to be able to be used with gloves on so it need to a finger tip size.

If not any other ideas of what i could do to switch on/off with out any lose of any patterns i may store of other lose of settings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:15 am 
2 Colour User
2 Colour User

Hey M3NF,

You could prob get a custom made Controller, from the people who supply ICELED with controlers. I cart rember the web site, but i have been there and they have loads of diff custom controlers. I am sure its on the forums somewhere.

The controler is fairly universal, I know my ICELED controler changes all the controls on my TV, and I have the wrist watch that can control ICELED.

Its pretty much just setting any controler to the same number ICELED use. I think they said it was the same code as a Phillips TV.

Cheers,

Nathan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:53 am 
4 Colour User
4 Colour User

\$m[1]:
Will the zap controller turn the complete system off ?, if so what are the dimentions of the zap controller ?, sorry to be a pain, but i could maybe use the zap system to control the power, and then use the zen for the features.

I think it would be possible to use the ZAP+ like this. But in order to use the ZEN you would still need to put it's IR receiver on the bike somewhere. (And use the remote for program switching.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:57 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

ZAP won't switch on and off any other controller, it's purely for controlling light sources (of which the scanner is included).

But you're worrying too much about 'losing settings'... everything is strored in flash memory so it doesn't give a hoot about having the power removed! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:05 am 
2 Colour User
2 Colour User

Great news thanks huge amount adrian, so just to clear my mind, i could then buy this item as well ....

http://www.litewave.co.uk/lighting_gizmos.asp

Using either the Lighting Remote Control or the 4 Way Switching System ? and it will have no effect to anything ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:17 pm 
4 Colour User
4 Colour User

\$m[1]:
ZAP won't switch on and off any other controller, it's purely for controlling light sources (of which the scanner is included).

I was thinking of connecting the red wires of the lightsources to ZAP+. Thus, when switching ZAP off, the lights should go out. Or not ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:47 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

M3NF> Any relay system could be used to power everything on or off, and the settings would be retained.

winger> ZAP doesn't cut the power to the red wire (like UFO & ZEN do) it simply commands all connected light sources to go into low-power standby mode. So the lights do go out, but the power feed remains!