Welcome to the ICELED Forums!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:23 am

Post subject: Color generator
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:31 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just an idea, and its a more simplified version of the Zap. All it does is make whatever ICELED light source emit one color, and that color can be programmed via mini-USB connector. It will have the usual Data/Power/Ground wires, but the Data will got to some simple switch to break the connecting between the controllers data and itself.

example 1: This way, I can take an ICELED light source and replace blinkers, reverse lights, corner lights, or whatever I want too, and it will make that light source emit the appropiate color until I flip the switch. Then it syncs up with the correct channel its plugged into. My blinkers of course are amber, so it will emit amber color, until I flip the switch. That way, I can tell them to listen for the Data from the nearest tube when the Data is permitted to pass through the switch.

example 2: If I replace my dome lights with ICELED sources, I can make them emit white until I flip then switch again. Now, the switch you don't even have to supply, you can just tell them to buy them at a local electronic compponents store.

This way the power/ground can also be controlled by the cars power/ground and not what I would have to normally run to it. I am mainly thinking about this because it might be cheaper than the Zap, if not dirt cheap. The Zap is great for what it is, but I don't need that kind of control, so something extremly simple would be awesome to have available. This is just an idea, so don't bite too hard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:57 am 
4 Colour User
4 Colour User

Couldn't something like this be done with the door open mode on Zen ? (Think of zones following UFO in street legal mode.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:24 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unfortunately putting USB into "low volume" products like ICELED is not a cheap option. You only get USB mice for $5 because they churn them out in the millions!

A similar idea had been considered for locking the light sources and storing the locked color, using the existing method (briefly interrupting the power) the problem with this is that it's far too easily altered accidentally.

Winger is right to point to ZEN as it was developed to perform this sort of function... corner and running lights could be programmed for white/amber/red in different zones and activated by the enable input connected to the lighting circuit. Switching to other programs would give control over the zones optionally allowing them to sync to UFO etc. I realise this wouldn't be too practical for turn signals etc. but there might be better solutions for these :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:33 am 
4 Colour User
4 Colour User

I think I know what you're hinting at.....
;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:07 pm 
4 Colour User
4 Colour User

is he talking about the C O M P U T E R connection I figure if i spelled it out only a certain few people would know what i was talking about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:16 am 
1 Colour User
1 Colour User

I think so.I'm looking forward to see a more clear definition so that it will be more clear for the readers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:00 am 
4 Colour User
4 Colour User

No back then we weren't. ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:30 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's pretty obvious from a quick Google search that carlyse_09 is peddling spam around on numerous forums. Can we think of any reason not to ban this poster?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:25 pm 
4 Colour User
4 Colour User

Haven't googled him/her myself. Figured he/she was "just new" because of the small number of posts made by this poster.
However, if it's a knowm spammer I see no reason not to.
(Just my two cents worth.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:55 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

banage her