Welcome to the ICELED Forums!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:52 pm

Post subject: Brightness Control Knob
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:38 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Maybe for one of your upgrades comming out you can include the ability to add an external brightness control knob. Yeah yeah I know you can change the brightnesses of each Zone, but thats not what I am after. I want the ability to grab every light on said Zen/UFO and dim them on the spot without going all out editing. Or even make an external brightness control knob for each zone on the Zen, and a master one for the UFO. Just an idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:17 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

ICELED's too bright for you then? :twisted: Seriously though, if there was some sort of dial control how would people feel about being supplied with something that they would have to find a suitable panel and drill a hole for? This could be quite a neat way of getting instant control, and I know which bit of my centre console I'd like to put some dials on. But is this the sort of thing people would generally be happy to do? I think supplying a box with dials on it would be a major aesthetic issue - and I can't imagine anywhere in my interior that I would like to see one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:04 pm 
2 Colour User
2 Colour User

Hmmm sounds like a good idea alienyoungjr. I could use that to my advantage very well. Like when i see cops or something, alot easier to turn a dial then to find the remote and turn the ufo off when i am driving.

I think that it would be good to not have the actual controls knobs on the zen or ufo it self but something like the IR display, a small control knob that has a long cord which is attached to the ufo/zen box. Maybe it could be an optional extra, and it could just plug into the zen/ufo like the sound can.

That might be easier to attach to a dash somewhere, then trying to show the entire ufo box.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:38 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The whole idea is an EXTERNAL control knob, and that is up to the customer to purchase and add-on or just ignore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:28 pm 
4 Colour User
4 Colour User

ahh the problem then is how are they going to warrent the production of so few products. But i bet you could set something up with the comp link if that ever comes out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:53 am 

A brightness dial would not be a bad idea as if the ufo came on accidentally by for example your brother thinking it was funny to turn it on whilst passing a police car the dial could be set to 0 showing no light and act as a safety measure if you like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:51 pm 
4 Colour User
4 Colour User

or you could just not give the remote to your brother

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:55 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I wonder if anyone knows that holding down the - (minus) button goes straight to the "streetwise" pattern from any aother?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:00 pm 

he took the remote from its place. Got 3 in the car now will be 4 when i get the zen.....

I did know that Adrian, (Found it by mistake) thought i was editing the colours when i was still on the patterns. The police around my area are not too keen on them and will stop you and quite happily smack a £50 fine on you for having them on.

On another note i will be meeting a few police officers soon. (Can;t really say what for because it sounds a little silly) but i will show off my car to them all iced up and i will ask them about the legality of it. Won't be for a little while yet but I will let you know what happens.