Welcome to the ICELED Forums!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:29 am

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:24 pm 
1 Colour User
1 Colour User

Yes i have always had a problem ever since i bought this kit when i connected the scanner to the UFO controller. Even when i very first installed the scanner i followed the installation guide and connected it the way it says and once again it would not turn itself off. That is the reason why i had the scanner connected to the front tube wiring as this allowed the scanner to go off with the UFO kit. Me and dave checked all cables last night and all cables are ok, not damaged at all. This is what i cant understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:01 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

OK, but you've also apparently had it working on some occasions... i.e. you have seen it turn on and off with the UFO remote and produce different patterns to the standard sweep... is this correct? Did you get the scanner at the same time as UFO or did you already own it?

So where are we now...? If you connect the scanner the way its supposed to be does it still not obey commands from UFO? What if you manipulate the cable (particularly where it enters the tube) - I'm wondering if the blue wire is broken somewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:39 pm 
1 Colour User
1 Colour User

Adrian \$m[1]:
OK, but you've also apparently had it working on some occasions... i.e. you have seen it turn on and off with the UFO remote and produce different patterns to the standard sweep... is this correct? Did you get the scanner at the same time as UFO or did you already own it?

So where are we now...? If you connect the scanner the way its supposed to be does it still not obey commands from UFO? What if you manipulate the cable (particularly where it enters the tube) - I'm wondering if the blue wire is broken somewhere.

Yes the scanner did used to react to the patterns and it did used to switch on and off with the UFO remote, but for a long time it has now only been doing its standard sweep of colours, it does not seem to pick up the program patterns from my UFO.

Yes i did order the scanner at the same time that i ordered the rest of the UFO kit. At the present moment if the scanner is connected to my UFO (red to live, green to ground and blue to the "I" data port) the scanner does not pick up the data being sent to it, it only powers up and follows its own preset colours etc. However this only lasts a short period of time before the scanner turns itself off. Sometimes it does not even power on at all. But plugged into a spare UFO control box it works and follows all patterns, programs but sometimes will not turn off or other times will not even turn on.