FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:25 am

Post subject: UFO Protector
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 3:20 am 
1 Colour User
1 Colour User

$m[1]

This is what I think would be great for all of us to have!

It would be made out of acyrilic and mounted with UFO on the inside.

I don't know if you guys get alot of theft to your vehicles, but If I were to steal the UFO, it wouldn't take me long to find out a way to get it off of someone's car, then break in and find the controller, i think.

By having this, it would be mounted the same way, but with added security and easy to clean. They would have to take this off, then take your UFO's off - way to much time!
Also, drain holes would be drilled on the bottom to let any water excape, if not fully sealed on top.

I figure, if I'm gonna spend the money of having the best kit under my ride, I would like to have added protection.

Also, I don't have the UFO yet, But when I get it, I will be having someone make this for my UFO kit! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 6:07 am 
4 Colour User
4 Colour User

What are you suggesting to be used to go over the tubes that are screwed down? I agree that security is needed with the tubes, is easy to get them off anyones car as they're only held on with cable ties.

Been thinking of changing all the cable ties for the (forgot the name) clips used on water pipes on the car, those metal ones that you use a screwdriver with to tighten up

(remembered the name) jubilee clips

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 10:34 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

We are aware of the potential for theft, which is why we 'vet' any enquiries for the purchase of a UFO controller on its own. Removing the tubes is one thing, but breaking-in and finding the controller is another. Also unlike all other ICELED light-sources, two, three and four-foot UFO tubes have no stand-alone capability so are useless without a controller :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 1:40 am 
1 Colour User
1 Colour User

The name of it is Hose Clamps. I am going to use those on my truck, but not many ppl would know how to put it on. I will be welding it on!! :twisted:

As for the tubes, I know they wont work without controller, but if someone gets in, then your screwed.

Just posted it for a future idea of something to make for protection.

1 more thing, instead of clear acyrlic plastic, you could use transparent, i think thats it. It would break up the light more, but not shine as far, unless it was a clear type.

:-k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 11:36 am 
3 Colour User
3 Colour User

to be honest....if someone is goin to attempt to steal ur ufo...its either goin to take them a good 10 minutes to get the tubes off and then rip the cables (intact) out and then find the control box ....or a couple of minutes to remove the tubes and cut the cables, which would just cause them more hassle of rewiring for themselves or make them unsellable(who's gonna buy undercar lighting with no cables for power)...so really if u just do a good job of hiding any exterior wiring u shouldnt need to put another cover over the tubes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 4:59 am 
1 Colour User
1 Colour User

:roll: True :roll: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 1:24 pm 
4 Colour User
4 Colour User

Also, sometimes, when thieves can't get what they want, they wind up either accidentally, or intentially destroying the vehicle. They would probably smash the tubes if they couldn't get them off.

I had a hard enough time find spots to put screws in for the zip-tie mounts. I'm not sure I could find (or be willing) that many spots to put screws in the undercarriage.

Gold-plated everything that was chrome
ICELED 2.5 million color LED underbody lights

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 1:34 pm 
3 Colour User
3 Colour User

GoldenRod \$m[1]:
They would probably smash the tubes if they couldn't get them off..

As area51 drove over one of the tubes at 30mph and it didnt have a scratch on it...they would be there long enough for u to call the cops and have them leisurly drive over to arrest them :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 12:58 am 
4 Colour User
4 Colour User

bling \$m[1]:
they would be there long enough for u to call the cops and have them leisurly drive over to arrest them :lol:

I don't know, they'd definately be there a long time, but whether they were still there when the cops turn up 24hrs later is a different matter :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 2:17 am 
1 Colour User
1 Colour User

bling \$m[1]:
when the cops turn up 24hrs later :roll:

LMAO, That is so true, they don't want to leave a half of a doughnut just lying there, where ever they are! :shock: